Nature’s Logic is a proud sponsor of Tree-Plenish!
Tree-Plenish is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization striving to build sustainable communities by leveraging the power of youth. Tree-Plenish started in Mansfield, Massachusetts when two high school seniors decided to take action to help replace the paper that they and their fellow classmates had used during their senior year. It was here that the first Tree-Plenish event was hosted, and the seed was planted for this organization’s growth.This year, the Tree-Plenish team grew from 2 to 25 and turned a small town project into a national one.
The Tree-Plenish team is working with 90 schools this year and are on track to plant over 15,000 trees across the country.
Tree-Plenish works with high school students to host tree-planting events in their communities that will offset their school’s paper usage during the last academic year. Students, guided by Tree-Plenish mentors, follow a 3-step process.
1) Planning – During this phase of the process, students figure out how much paper their school used during the last academic year. They then take that number and convert it into the number of trees they will need to plant. We estimate planting one tree will offset 10,000 sheets of paper.
2) Marketing – During the next phase, students reach out to the residents of their community to ask them to request a tree to be planted in their yard or to volunteer to help plant trees on the day of the actual event, or both!
3) Hosting – The final phase is for students to host their actual event. On this day, teams of volunteers plant trees in the yards of residents of their town.
The Tree-Plenish 3 Core Beliefs
1) We believe in building a sustainable future by giving back what we take.
2) We are committed to channeling the power of youth to create meaningful change.
3) We value the strength of a local community coming together to take action.